Monday 23 September 2013

On rentre à la maison (Part 2)

My 2/3 class and I LOVE art!  I wanted to make sure that the kids had the chance to do some art related to On rentre à la maison, since Oliver Jeffers' illustrations are beautiful and so unique!  The students and I spent a long time talking about story boards and what they are used for, since Jeffers put many of them in this book.  We talked about how they are used when planning a movie, and I illustrated an example for them.

This is Gru from Despicable Me getting into his spaceship.  The kids got a laugh out of my highly impressive drawing skills here...
This gave me to opportunity to talk about action and action words, since in a storyboard, you're often drawing a character or many characters doing an action.  We went through our book once again on a hunt for story boards and talked about each one (these kids really like to talk).  We then looked at other pieces of art that are like a story board, for example Eadweard Muybridge's work.



After everyone was clear on what a story board was, we created our own!

Here are the kids hard at work on their story boards!








"Je fais du zip line."

"Je danse."

































No comments:

Post a Comment